Monday, February 7, 2011

application letter (draft 1)

xxxxxxx Avenue x
Block xxx, #xx-xxx
Singapore xxxxxx

7th February 2011
 
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my interest in joining Singapore Airlines as a trainee station manager. I understand that Singapore Airlines has evolved into one of the most respected travel brands around the world with the Singapore Girl as the symbol of quality customer care and service. From my viewpoint, the Singapore Girl image should not be limited to in-flight service but also extend to on-ground services. I believe that while I am a fresh graduate and lack work experience, I can fulfill this role with an outgoing personality, leadership qualities and most importantly, a willing heart to learn.

Enclosed is my resume and you will find that I do have some experience in the service industry and have been exposed to some form of customer service. I believe this gives me a good preview of the service industry in general. Being in the civil engineering course has also taught me to be quick-witted as a problem-solver, strive for the highest professional standards in my work and regard safety as a vital part of our work. Such qualities will no doubt be beneficial to this line of work. Furthermore, I have an interest in languages and am currently studying the Japanese language in a private school. In such a global environment, I would think that mastery of additional languages would be an added bonus. In addition, my various leadership positions in my co-curricular activities have taught me to work as a team, as well as, to work independently. Exhibiting versatility in various situations would definitely be useful in my future career in Singapore Airlines. I do hope that I would one day be a full-fledged station manager.

I sincerely hope you will consider my application. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number provided in my resume.

I look forward to a positive reply. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Ohayogozaimasu Mitchelle,

    It's a fine letter. A few language issues to consider must spice up your employers attraction towards you! Dont get me wrong, the letter works just fine for any good piece of essay, but might need to be more delicate to get you better attraction.

    Checkout the following:

    "Being in the civil engineering course has also taught me to be quick-witted as a problem-solver, strive for the highest professional standards in my work and regard safety as a vital part of our work."

    This could be written for a stronger (more DELICATE) effect as:

    Being a civil engineer has also taught me to be quick-witted as a problem-solver, strive for the highest professional standards, and regard safety as a vital part of our work.

    Consider this too:

    "I believe that while I am a fresh graduate and lack work experience, I can fulfill this role with an outgoing personality, leadership qualities and most importantly, a willing heart to learn."

    Could be written better (as in more DELICATELY) as:

    While still a fresh graduate and lacking precious worklife experience; nevertheless my strong belief I can be more than equal to the role is a function synthesis of an outgoing personality, strong leadership qualities and most importantly, an ever-wilingness of heart to learn.

    Consider this too:

    "Such qualities will no doubt be beneficial to this line of work."

    Consider this better:

    Such assets will no doubt provide me a strategic advantage in this line of work.

    Consider this too:

    "my viewpoint, the Singapore Girl image should not be limited to in-flight service but also extend to on-ground services."


    Consider this more DELICATE:

    Personally, this should not be exclusively limited to in-flight services, but also extend to on-the-ground airport services.

    COnsider this too:

    "Exhibiting versatility in various situations would definitely be useful in my future career in Singapore Airlines. I do hope that I would one day be a full-fledged station manager."

    COnsider this delicate(subtle, and more beautiful and elegant):

    Consequently, such versatile in various situations would have richly endowed me, and hopefully my future career in Singapore Airlines. Without further ado, and with great pleasure, I cannot wait for this day to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (of course you dont write so many exclamation marks, because your employers will think you have lost it. Haha!)

    If Mitchelle, you wrote the delicate and provocative way above, your station HR employer will bound to have his heart bound to yours!!!
    And, you will get the job a 1000 percent!!!!!!!!


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete